O‘ahu Updates & Changes
Updates to 6th Edition
It happens every time. The day after we send the disks off to the printers for our brand new edition, somebody changes something that directly affects what we write. Several times we’ve e-mailed these changes to the printers. (It’s our only chance to yell that classic publisher line, Stop the presses!) But after the presses roll we’re left shaking our heads, saying, “Yeah, we know that changed. We’ll correct that in our next printing.” The internet is the next best thing to yanking back all the books in print and scribbling in the changes that always occur.
At Wizard Publications we continually strive to bring you the most up-to-date and accurate information on the islands. We are the only publisher who updates our books every time we reprint them. So if you see the updates below already listed in the book you just bought, you may have a recent printing.
The updates below are for the 6th edition of Oahu Revealed. Note: all pages numbers refer to the printed edition of the book.
- The USS Arizona Memorial (page 109, 157) closed indefinitely one day before Memorial Day because of cracks on its exterior and structural issues with the foundation.
- Kalaupapa Guided Mule Tour (page 252) a landslide in December 2018 took out one of the bridges along the cliffside trail to Kalaupapa. Repairs will likely take months to complete. Until the bridge is repaired, no one will be able to access Kalaupapa by land. You can still visit the settlement by securing a permit through Damien Tours (808-567-6171) and booking a flight through to the Kalaupapa peninsula through Mokulele Airlines (866-260-7070).
General Information & Updates:
- Diamond Head Harley (page 24) is closed.
- King’s Village Shopping Center (page 58 & 229) is closed to make way for condos. This will effect businesses listed in there and Farmers Market.
- Makani Kai Helicopters (page 175) is closed.
- Island Seaplane (page 176) is closed.
- Pedal Power Bike Tours (page 179) is closed.
- Wild Bunch (page 187) sadly had original boat sink. But they have a new larger one.
- Senator Fong’s Plantation & Gardens (page 225) is closed.
From the Island Dining chapter, the following restaurants have changed:
- Opal Thai is now only open for Dinner and now serves alcohol. Closed Mondays.
From the Island Dining chapter, the following restaurants have closed:
- Da Crawfish & Crab Shack
- Karai Crab
- Rock Island Café
- Wailana Coffee House
From the Where to Stay chapter:
The Waikiki Parc is closed for renovations until October of 2019. We will back to have a look after the dust settles.