The Ultimate Guidebook
The finest guidebook ever written for Maui. Now you can plan your best vacation—ever. This all new sixth edition is a candid, humorous guide to everything there is to see and do on the island. Best-selling author and longtime Hawai‘i resident, Andrew Doughty, unlocks the secrets of an island so lush and diverse that many visitors never realize all that it has to offer. Explore with him as he reveals breathtaking trails, secluded beaches, pristine reefs, delicious places to eat, colorful craters, hidden waterfalls and so much more. Every restaurant, activity provider, business and resort is reviewed personally and anonymously. This book and a rental car are all you need to discover what makes Maui so exciting.
Suggested retail: US $18.99
Where to buy:
Full color, 22 color maps, 312 pages, 5.5×8.5″
Maui Revealed covers it all—from the wind-swept top of Haleakala to the sparkling underwater reefs. This is the best investment you can make for your Maui vacation. Whether you’re a first time visitor or a long time kama‘aina, you’ll find out more about Maui from this book than from any other source. Discover the island of your dreams with Maui Revealed.
- The most accurate up-to-date information available anyplace with
up-to-the-minute changes posted to our website
- Frank, brutally honest reviews of restaurants, hotels and activities show you which
companies really are the best…and which to avoid—no advertisements
- Driving tours let you structure your trip your way, point out sights not to be missed along the way and are complemented over 130 spectacular color photographs
- 22 specially created maps in an easy-to-follow format with mile markers—so you’ll always know where you are on the island
- Clear, concise directions to those hard-to-find places such as deserted beaches, hidden waterfalls, pristine rain forests, spectacular coastlines, natural lava pools and scores of other hidden gems listed nowhere else
- Revealing chapter on hidden sights along the Hana Highway
- Exclusive chapter on Maui’s beaches with detailed descriptions including ocean safety
- Unique Adventures chapter and over 60 pages of exciting activities from ATVs to ziplines
- Fascinating sections on Hawai‘i’s history, culture, language and legends
- Includes information on the offshore islands of Lana‘i, Moloka‘i and Kaho‘olawe
- Companion website with links to every business, events calendar, over 140 resort reviews with our detailed aerial photos—so you’ll know if oceanfront really means oceanfront
What others are saying…
“An authoritative and in-depth look at all that the island offers.”—Josh Roberts, USA Today
“Great series of guidebooks…Their fun-to-read style is helpful and easy to follow. Their
observations are precise…”—Hawai‘i Magazine
For the most recent changes go to:
Maui Revealed, 6th Edition Updates.
There are no longer updates to any previous editions.
If you’re interested in attending a local event go to:
Maui Calendar of Events.