The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook
Suggested retail: US $18.99
Where to buy:
Full color, 15 color maps, 272 pages, 5.5×8.5″
The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook covers it all—from the mile-high summit of Mt. Wai‘ale‘ale, to the sparkling underwater reefs. This is the best investment you can make for your Kaua‘i visit. Whether you are a first time visitor, or a longtime kama‘aina, you will find out more about Kaua‘i from this book than from any other source. Discover the island of your dreams with The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook.
- The most up-to-date and accurate information available anyplace with up-to-the-minute changes posted to our website
- Frank, brutally honest reviews of restaurants, hotels and activities show you which companies really are the best…and which to avoid—no advertisements
- Driving tours let you structure your trip your way, point out sights not to be missed along the way and are complemented by 100 spectacular color photographs
- 15 specially-created maps in an easy-to-follow format with mile markers—so you’ll always know where you are on the island
- Clear, concise directions to those hard-to-find places such as deserted beaches, tropical jungles, hidden waterfalls, rugged scenic coastlines, water-filled lava pools and scores of other hidden gems listed nowhere else
- Exclusive chapter on Kaua‘i’s beaches with detailed descriptions including ocean safety
- Unique Adventures chapter and over 70 pages of exciting activities from ATVs to ziplines
- Fascinating sections on Hawai‘i’s history, culture, language and legends
- Companion website with links to every business, events calendar, over 70 resort reviews complete with aerial photos—so you’ll know if oceanfront really means oceanfront
What others are saying…
“…a must for any serious visitor.”—New York Times
“…a terrifically useful handbook.”—Travel + Leisure
“Best guide to Kauai.”—National Geographic Adventure
It happens every time. The day after we send the disks off to the printers for our brand new edition, somebody changes something that directly affects what we write in the book. Several times we’ve e-mailed these changes to the printers (it’s our only chance to yell that classic publisher line, “Stop the presses!”) but after the presses roll we’re left shaking our heads, saying, “Yeah, we know that changed. We’ll correct that in our next printing.” The internet is the next best thing to yanking back all the books in print and scribbling in the changes that always occur.
For the most recent changes go to:
The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook, 9th Edition Updates.
In our first edition of The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook, we listed a calendar of local events for the island. It was a colossal waste of time! Things change so often in Hawaii that we couldn’t keep it current. The web fixes that. Don’t get me wrong. Some of the events listed below will not occur or will change time or place. That’s because decisions about these things are made quite capriciously in the islands, often the day of the event. We’ll change this page daily if we have to, but you can’t bet your life on the timeliness of these events.
If you’re interested in attending a local event go to:
Kaua‘i Calendar of Events.
Hawaii Dreamscapes Revealed – Kaua’i
Suggested retail: US $39.95