Hawai’i The Big Island
Hawaii The Big Island Revealed
The Ultimate Guidebook
Suggested retail: US $18.99
Where to buy:
Full color, 37 color maps, 312 pages, 5.5×8.5″
Hawaii The Big Island Revealed covers it all—from the snow-covered top of Mauna Kea, to the sparkling underwater reefs. This is the best investment you can make for your Big Island visit. Whether you are a first time visitor, or a longtime kama‘aina, you will find out more about the Big Island from this book than from any other source. Discover the island of your dreams with Hawaii The Big Island Revealed.
- The most up-to-date and accurate information available anyplace with up-to-the-minute changes posted to our website
- Frank, brutally honest reviews of restaurants, hotels and activities show you which
companies really are the best…and which to avoid—no advertisements
- Driving tours let you structure your trip your way, point out sights not to be missed along the way and are complemented by 120 spectacular color photographs
- 37 specially-created maps in an easy-to-follow format with mile markers—so you’ll always know where you are on the island
- Clear, concise directions to those hard-to-find places such as deserted black sand beaches, tropical rain forests, hidden waterfalls, the most dramatic part of the erupting volcano, freshwater lava pools (some volcanically heated) and scores of other hidden gems listed nowhere else
- 28 pages on Big Island’s beaches with detailed descriptions including ocean safety
- Over 65 pages of exciting adventures and activities
- Fascinating sections on Hawai‘i’s history, culture, language and legends
- Companion website with links to every business, events calendar, 88 resort reviews complete with aerial photos—so you’ll know if oceanfront really means oceanfront
What others are saying…
“The best guidebook [to the Big Island]. Every nook and cranny is explored by a longtime resident.”—Conde Nast Traveler
For the most recent changes go to:
Hawaii The Big Island Revealed, 7th Edition Updates.
[tab title="Events"]In our first edition of Hawaii The Big Island Revealed, we listed a calendar of local events for the island. It was a colossal waste of time! Things change so often in Hawaii that we couldn’t keep it current. The web fixes that. Don’t get me wrong. Some of the events listed below will not occur or will change time or place. That’s because decisions about these things are made quite capriciously in the islands, often the day of the event. We’ll change this page daily if we have to, but you can’t bet your life on the timeliness of these events.
If you’re interested in attending a local event go to:
Big Island Calendar of Events.
Hawaii Dreamscapes Revealed – Big Island
Suggested retail: US $39.95